Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
General Help / Re: Device Record Error
« Last post by admin on January 08, 2016, 10:47:38 PM »
ah, ok. I have just read your original post.
I know what the problem is and I apologise for not spotting immediately.

You are using a tv/combi
No capture unit works with a tv/combi. I do not know why but I do know they just do not.

I'm very sorry.
If you source a stand alone vhs player and use a switchable scart to phono cable to connect the player to the unit, it will work.

I will pm you a valid serial for arcsoft.
« Last post by Chris Adamsc on January 08, 2016, 10:19:08 PM »
I have received the unit thank you but am still getting the same message.

I finally got the movie from the camcorder to play in the software screen when I went to settings and then saved them. At the capture screen the movie was visibly running but I still get the same error message when I press capture.

I have tried this in the original software and also in the alternative but the same error occurs even when I can get the tape to play on the software screens.

I must be doing something wrong but have no idea what that is. The USB audio driver didn't install at the beginning when I loaded the software but I managed to solve that and it was after this that the movie played in the software but then stopped again. The audio driver is still showing as correctly installed at present

I can't try it in the Showbiz software because it won't accept my licence code. I have emailed Arcsoft about this but haven't yet had a reply. It probably wouldn't make any difference to the problem anyway.

Is there any further help or advice you could offer me please. As I am sure you will understand I am getting very frustrated.

Regards

Chris
EzCAP to other devices / Re: Help - Newbie Mac issues and basic understanding
« Last post by johnj2000 on January 07, 2016, 06:47:40 PM »
Hi James, thank you for the response. We have VideoGlide Capture which maybe the type of application you are referring to? And yes, you are correct he was playing on the iMac however he has now progressed onto a Xbox 360 so maybe the EzCap will come in useful?
« Last post by Chris Adamsc on January 06, 2016, 06:14:50 PM »
Thank you very much indeed.

I look forward to receiving it.

Regards

Chris
« Last post by admin on January 06, 2016, 05:41:51 PM »
It sounds like the unit itself.
We will send you a new unit. We have your details.
« Last post by Chris Adamsc on January 06, 2016, 01:43:39 PM »
I downloaded and installed the software and it came up with the same message. After fiddling with the leads it suddenly connected but whilst recording it went back to screen. I think it may be a faulty excap.tv cable which is a shame because it hasn't had much use although I bought it in 2010.

Do you know anyway to test the cable?

I think it is unlikely to be the camcorder as it also can't find the device with the TV either.

Chris
« Last post by admin on January 05, 2016, 10:23:11 PM »
That's strange.
Lets try different software (free and good)

Debut
http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/

You will see the download link for the free version in the first paragraph on the page.
Once installed, open it and click on "Device" at the top to take you to the capture screen.
« Last post by Chris Adamsc on January 05, 2016, 10:16:53 PM »
That's what I used with the tv/video recorder. When that wouldn't work I tried cabling it direct to the camcorder but I get the same message with that too.
« Last post by admin on January 05, 2016, 10:08:42 PM »
What cable are you using to connect with?
Is it a switchable scart to phono? (has a little in/out switch on top of the scart)
General Help / Device Record Error
« Last post by Chris Adamsc on January 05, 2016, 05:47:02 PM »
I want to transfer my old video tapes to my laptop HD or DVD and have connected the Excap to a TV/Video player.

I can see the video playing but when I press capture I get the error message "Device Record Error. Please check the device." Please can anyone enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Chris
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10